Friday, September 11, 2015

Boat Candy

We have left Fort Pierce and are sailing up the north coast of Florida. I would be remiss if I failed to mention one of Kent's and my favorite places in Fort Pierce as we move on.

A couple of blog entries ago, I mentioned that our friend, Mister, introduced us to some great boating resources here in the Stuart-to-Fort Pierce FL area. One of them was the Marine Connection.

Every guy (or gal) loves a good hardware store. And a marine hardware store is even better if you're a boater. The Marine Connection is a boat hardware store on steroids. It's a large, cavernous warehouse filled floor to ceiling, inside and outside, with surplus boat supplies and parts galore. When we go there looking for a part, Kent's like a kid in the candy store. I've lost him more than once in there!

You have to experience this place in person. My photos don't do it justice. Thanks, Mister!

A big warehouse











I love the propeller display


A winch is a beautiful thing


You better know exactly the size you're looking for




Look carefully and you can see that
this is the door to the next room.



You walk through the "shark doors" and step
 into a huge room with about eight aisles
 filled floor to ceiling with supplies 



Mister and Kent in the heat of
the search for that special part
Every size screw and nail one could possibly imagine


I think this customer was feeling a bit overwhelmed


Hmmm...I need one of those spin snap shackles
but not sure of the size. Looks like a good price too. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment