Sunday, January 4, 2015

Wild Ride Back from St Lucia

We had a wild ride back to Martinique from St Lucia. A good test of helmsmen and crew. Wind blew 25-30 knots and waves were 10-16 feet high. Generally, we would not choose to sail with those conditions because it's just too hard and makes for an uncomfortable sail. But our friends had to fly home out of Martinique the next day, so off we went! We had only one seasick guest and a very nervous dog who had to be held almost the whole time because of all the noise. Luckily our trip only lasted 4 hours. Our almost 50 foot catamaran is made for ocean crossing and has crossed the Atlantic, and our boat did very well on this trip. I have to admit, it was fun!




1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are having fun. I would have been hanging off the back of your boat, sick as a dog! As much as I love sailing (we had a 30 foot sloop up in Racine for a few years), my stomach never agreed to it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete